Friday, January 24, 2014

Thing 3

I downloaded Google goggles and the red laser barcode scanner.  The idea thar red laser would give you prices of an item at nearby stores sort of works but its limited to only some stores.  It seemed to bring up Target sometimes and Walmart a lot.  It didn't find any local grocery stores at all.  It did bring up online prices too.  What was really cool was scanning a book barcode.  It connected not only stores but to local library catalogs too.

Google goggles was a bit more fun and I think I'll keep that app.  It could also look up books. I scanned some art prints in my house and it identified them.  It would be great to use it to translate a sign or menu just by taking a picture.

1 comment:

  1. Update to Google Goggles. I love that you can take a picture of a business card and it will add all the info to my contacts! So much easier than typing it in.

    ReplyDelete