Thursday, January 30, 2014

23 Mobile Things, Thing 4

I'm not in love with Flipboard.  It's kind of cool and playing around with it certainly can use up a lot of time. It's one more way of getting my news but I didn't like the search feature.  When trying to find news feeds that might interest me, too many "magazines" from people with 3 followers etc. come up right away,  instead of putting the most popular at the top.  I tend to use Facebook as a way to get a lot of news by following pages like the New York Times etc.  Also I've heard that RSS feeds are going by the wayside.  Just today I read about a new app from Facebook called Paper that is trying to overtake Flipboard.   Perhaps as I use it more I'll find it more useful, but I'm afraid so many distracting news stories will simply mean more time spent staring at my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment